Thursday, September 10, 2009

Feedback about the 1st Annual Women Veterans’ Arts & Reintegration Retreat

Our first annual Women Veterans’ Arts & Reintegration Retreat was a remarkable journey for all who participated… We wanted to share with you some of the images and thoughts from this memorable retreat.

This program needs to be expanded so more women could benefit.
This has been more than any retreat…that I have been to before.
Very positive
It was great. Now I can say I have a network.
There were no judgments. It was great.
Surprisingly very safe.
Did not feel I had to control emotions.
Encouraged, in fact.
I am not alone. There were others.

It really helps female veterans unwind and speak up.
I think it is a fantastic way to elicit emotional expression and reintegration.
This way I can understand myself a little better.
Creativity is SO important for healing!!
Listened to our stories without judgment.
Everything was perfect for me.

I don’t know if the belly dancing was officially a workshop but I plan to start dancing and using my body to express and heal myself.
Never tried yoga or Reiki before so it was a great chance to do so.
I know I need to incorporate all of these more.
Yoga was a little much for me.
This is the best that has happened to me.

What was your favorite thing about your experience at this retreat?

The laughter.
The physical space.
Chance to meet other people and bond.
A safe place to let myself go...
learn from the beauty and freedom of the other women.
Women fellowship.
Freedom of expression in a non-judgmental space.
The way the women bonded with each other.
All; can not pick out just one. Thanks.
The location with the history of offering a beautiful respite for immigrant women.
Connecting with other women veterans.
Everything … was awesome.
Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment